Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

All Things Altered Fall/Halloween Hop

Welcome to the All Things Altered Fall/Halloween Blog Hop.  We have a wonderful line up of talented friends that will share all kinds of inspiration for your fall projects.  I really had a hard time deciding what I would create.  I had a recent promotion at work and it has really consumed all my brain power and mojo the last month.  But, I was walking through Walmart the other day and spied this item in their craft department.
I have to be honest.  I wasn't totally impressed.  But then I got to thinking about the pens, pencils and highlighters scattered all over my desk at work and how I keep thinking "I need a pen caddy" and I decided, if I took the lid off, it could be quite functional that way.  It also had this handy dandy turn-table on the bottom of the box that was kind of cool.  So...
I applied Gesso all over the exterior of the box, then applied distress inks to  add a patina.  

I used a combination of Tim Holtz and Teresa Collins papers.  My theme is more about fall and being thankful.

I added embellishments from Tim Holtz, Prima, Bo Bunny and Teresa Collins.  

I also added a few of my handmade flowers.
And viola!  Something fashionable to store my pens.  I am taking it to work with tomorrow.

 I hope you enjoyed my project.  I want to give you something for taking the time to look over my page today.  All you have to do is become a follower (if you aren't already) and leave me a comment.  Please remember to include your email address in your comment and I will send you a free digi image created by me at Shelley Bean Stamps.  You MUST provide an email address or I will not be able to send you the digi.  Here it is:
(and just as a little secret, if you visit the other hop I am in this weekend, you could snag another fun Halloween Digi)

And here is the line up of all the blogs in our hop today!  Thank you for stopping by!!


12. Shelley This is ME!!

28 comments:

Vicki said...

Outstanding! You did a fabulous job on the caddy. It is SO pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki
vwilson577 at yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Honestly, seriously, gorgeous! It's certainly more impressive now. You have a great skill, especially when it comes to "antique-ing" an item.

Becky Voth said...

Such a great idea for your little caddy! I love how you embellished it so much!! TFS! Becky V.

Susan Bullock said...

How cute is this?! Such a great idea for something that started so plain and ended up so pretty ~

Kristi said...

Totally digging this box, think I may need to become a Tim Holtz fan and then alter! LOL
Thanks so much.
kidshomelove@yahoo.com

365 Days of Cricut said...

oooooh Love this! I need to go look for this box so I can make one too! :)

Sherry said...

ooh I'm totally in love with that box and LOVE what you did with it!!! I could use one of those myself!! and the fact that is on the little spiny thing on the bottom makes it even more perfect!!! What a fabulous idea!! I'm going to have to keep my eye out for this.. as it would make perfect little scrappy gifts TOO!! love it!

Sherry

ionabunny said...

Beautiful and practical. Perfect

Suzie Button said...

I'm a new follower and love your work!! The detail is just fabulous! Susan purrpage3 at verizon dot net

Pammejo said...

Alrighty I am glad your brain wasn't to full because your mojo rocked this project. LOVE IT!!! I want to make one for my desk. Love all of the details you place on it. Thank you for being a part of the All Things Altered Fall/Halloween Blog Hop.

wendyportc1 said...

Love this project!! Going to have to try to make one for my scrap room!!

silvia said...

Fabulous caddy!! LOVE the bling!!

Deonna said...

you can make one for my desk if you would like, lol
deonnariegler@gmail.com

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

I like your altered art creation. A lovey way to decorate the caddy.

Anonymous said...

That is one cool caddy! Love painting with Gesso. Thanks for sharing. Have become a follower and commented on all in this blog hop. Thank you! meganslife58@yahoo.com

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

I love this idea. I might just need to try one myself. TFS

resatwo at sbcglobal dot net

Sandra Botham said...

What a fantastic idea. You turned an ordinary piece into something stunning. Bet it looks fantastic on your desk.
Sandra. x

Karenladd said...

Oh, this is So wonderful!! I love something that is both useful and beautiful...and you definitely created that!!! Love the papers and colors and the detail! Thanks for the offer of a digi stamp!! I'm a new follower and my email is:
kladd94803 (at) aol (dot) com

Scrapfaire said...

Great Idea making it a desk caddy! I love spinning caddys :)

Lauri said...

OMG. When I saw the item that you were altering, I thought, this is not going to go well.

Was I wrong.

Seriously, I am so impressed. This is GORGEOUS! Like, so gorgeous that I might run to WM and buy one of those hideous things HOPING to make it even close to as adorable as yours!! LOVE it!

Katina said...

This is fabulous, and I have one just like it to alter. Thanks for the great idea!

Kee said...

This is a great remake! So much better that the original.

callyannc said...

Wow! This is awesome! TFS CallyAnn

Joe Rotella said...

Especially love the Want2Scrap bling!!

Anonymous said...

Gesso always makes a great base. Thanks for the idea of using distress inks directly to it. Your pen caddy turned out beautiful. also scrolled down on your blog. The mummy 'Spook' card is great!

Ana said...

Your painting technique was outstanding. I love that you combined papers and embellishments.

Karen T said...

this turned out great! I have one of these to alter, and am so inspired now to finish it!

Gloria Stengel said...

This is so wowza! What a clever idea and so pretty!